Having a structured weekly content plan will significantly increase your productivity. Having a writing framework to follow, will eventually turn your work into a habit. If you want to increase and make your content creation easier, organised, and efficient, it is ideal to create a plan that works for your unique working habits.
Day 1: Building a content framework
- Step 1: Pick content or a topic for instance: Is it hard to find a mechanic in Midland?
- Step 2: Write as many headlines as you can until you find the one that makes you feel excited about writing it.
- Step 3: Layout your sub-headings to guide you through the writing process.
- Step 4: Take a break to give your brain time to think and room for ideas.
Day 2: Create a draft.
- Step 1: Write your first sentence or your introduction. It has to be catchy to pull your audience upon coming across your article.
- Step 2: Create your sub-headings and make sure they are clear and laid out properly so you can easily juice out information and ideas.
- Step 3: Add a summary at the end of the content to wrap up the ideas you have stated in the body of the article.
- Step 4: Encourage your audience by incorporating a call to action at the end of your content.
Day 3: Polish and refine everything to prepare for publishing.
• Step 1: Review, read, and listen to your first draft. See if all the ideas are in place and factual. Make sure that what you are writing is saying the same thing over and over.
• Step 2: Proofread your work and modify it if necessary. If there are ideas that you need to polish, delete or ideas you need to add, now’s the time.
• Step 3: Create a clear format so your readers can easily skin through it. The format helps in making sure your content is easily readable.
• Step 4: Curate images that are cohesive to your articles. Visuals make content even more engaging.
Day 4: Publish and promote your content.
- Step 1: If you have an email list, you can use it to promote your new content. Send your subscribers a brief summary of what the content is all about and encourage them to read the full piece.
- Step 2: Share content on all your social platforms. This is by far the best way to earn a new audience or ask readers to visit your site to view the full content.
- Step 3: Make sure your content is set up to be flexible for possible promotions. It is best to continuously promote and link them to your future social posts rather than publishing and ghosting them.
Content marketing is now the new status quo of digital marketing. If your content exhibit facts and useful reads, it is likely for your company to garner loyal readers or audience. Thus, if you are publishing content on your site, it’s not enough to just simply write and publish them, make sure to promote continuously to keep them afloat on SERPs.